¨Le Grand Jeu”is the name of a game designed in May-July 2016 by an expert group in a 4 days workshop, held in Milan 10-14 July 2016.
The group includes artists, engineers, design experts and activists.
The idea and the direction of the process came by to help design a situation where some narratives about the future of our society could be told, crafted and eventually discussed in a positive way.
Newsreel – what are we up to
Some news for “le grand jeu” this spring.
This May, the game is invited to participate to Dark Matter Games and is a coproduction of SALE Doks and Workspacebrussels, a flemish organisation based in Bruxelles that is interested in social/art/interventions.
“Dark Matter Games is an art project that aims to develop and present innovative and socially engaged art practices that often fall out of the scope of more classical art institutions. Inspired by the essay Dark Matter by Gregory Sholette, the project gathers, shares, develops and presents over 25 art practices that take social interaction and transdisciplinarity as their starting point.
A workweek in april will give the opportunity to the participating artists to share their practice and articulate possible urban interventions. In the context of the Venice Biennial opening weekend in May, we will present these interventions during an urban festival, the Dark Matter Games. This event will combine exhibitions, round tables, performances and interventions alike. The aftermath will take the shape of a publication that will be presented in Brussels, in late fall.”
For the program of the 3 days workshop, I will adapt and rework legrandjeu to describe Venice reality.
Sale DOKS is a 10 years old occupation, legalized with a temporary agreement with the City of Venice that will fall out in 2019. Has a base with the still quite active network of alternative spaces of Venice. Their activity is since the beginning, as for Milano’s Macao, art practice based. They organize performances, public interventions, and shows, with an interesting history of fine arts and performance, always quite controversial. The venue is 3’ walk from the Peggy Guggenheim, in front of the Giudecca, and used to be a salt deposit from the 15th century on. The walls still white from salt concretions. The setup has been made with parts scavenged from previous Biennale pavilions and there is an atelier, a bar, a sort of reconfigurable theater space, and a lot of activity.
The workshop, that Fredd is going to document a bit, will lead to the definition of a “Venetian Edition” of the game custom made for the May 11/15 presentation when we will present an open game session of “Le Gran Jeu” Venice.
We are happy to participate to Venice Architecture Biennale, as side event of a special program of activities and a interesting exhibit named Gang City. Is a space curated by Fabio Armao from the Politecnico di Torino, (University of Turin) the exhibition aims to explore the phenomena of gangs from a anthropological and urbanistic eye.
In this context we are going to introduce “le Gand Jeu”, with some precise adaptations of our games geared towards the simulation of eco-social flows of values and commodities in the dystopian world of city gangs.
We hope as such to learn more on the capabilities of the game and of our own ability of using it as a research tool to comprehend the flows of ideas, grand narratives and fascinations that fellow humans have available to share while playing.
To talk about games and transition with the makers, or if you leave in the venetian area to participate as players, feel free to contact us beforehand following the link to our email.
Barbara Cammarata, Chiara Dona’ Dalle Rose, Polline.it, CIID, Dyne.org, Macao.
Setting up the web site for ¨Le Grand Jeu¨ adventure.
- Some design glitches corrected
- logo: done (madu)
- legacy with iteration 7 on the go (fredd & raffa)
- thinking and tinkering done..
- iteration 7 package download and git (fredd) on the go
- backsite hardening (firegarden)
keep up the good work guys!
- Informatic school is in southwest Cameroon: Solar Installation In Campo 2018 March 18, 2018A team made up of five people, the Proprietor of Linux Friends, Mr. Michel Pauli, two students from Advanced Class, Jarvis and Shandrine with two invited friends from Michel Mr. Henry and Mr. Jouselyn. This project was negotiated between Mr. Michel and Mr. Eno a Commissioner of Campo who agreed the terms of the project […]
- Jean-Noël Montagné: Un autre Internet est possible March 16, 2018Internet et wifi. Lorsque le wifi est apparu au début des années 2000, permettant de connecter sans fil un ordinateur à internet, de nombreux hackers ont commencé à bricoler matériels et logiciels pour augmenter les portées d’émission-réception. Au départ, on voulait avoir Internet au fond du jardin ou dans la pièce la plus reculée, et […]
- n-gate.com. we can't both be right.: webshit weekly March 15, 2018An annotated digest of the top "Hacker" "News" posts for the second week of March, 2018. A Career Cold Start Algorithm March 08, 2018 (comments) A webshit advocates learning about things by asking people who know the answers. Hackernews misconstrues the title to be about getting a job, which explodes into lengthy and bitter arguments […]
- Vlax: Wildcard Certificate + ACME v2 live and kicking March 15, 2018Wildcard Certificate + ACME v2 live and kicking Wildcard certificates allow you to secure all subdomains of a domain with a single certificate ... Wildcard certificates are only available via ACMEv2. In order to use ACMEv2 for wildcard or non-wildcard certificates you’ll need a client that has been updated ... we have not set an […]
- Trasformatorio: Comunicato Stampa/PRESS RELEASE March 14, 2018COMUNICATO STAMPA Amsterdam e Messina 14 Marzo Congiuntamente, il Comune di Messina e la fondazione dyne.org, annunciano quanto segue: E’ in preparazione l’edizione 2018 del “Trasformatorio – Quarto Laboratorio Internazionale di Arti Sperimentali, Performative e Site Specific”, organizzato dalla fondazione olandese Dyne.org in collaborazione con l‘Associazione Culturale Siddharte, il Comune di Messina e la popolazione […]
- Data Knightmare (Italian podcast): DK 2x25 - Idiot savants March 14, 2018Davvero il software può sostituire un medico (come prova a fare Watson) o un avvocato (come provano a fare i patiti della blockchain)? Quelli che scrivono questi software sono geni eletti dalle capacità sovrumane o la storia è più banale?